Maui firefighters take lunch break as blaze destroys Lahaina
- A crew of firefighters in Lahaina, Maui, took a break after monitoring what appeared to be a dead brush fire for about seven hours on August 81.
- Less than an hour later, the blaze grew and the firefighters were called back to the scene12.
- The fire destroyed homes and businesses in Lahaina, and the water system collapsed, making it difficult for firefighters to contain the blaze36.
- The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but it is believed to have been caused by power lines4.
- The incident highlights the importance of vigilance and preparedness in fighting wildfires, which can quickly grow out of control and cause significant damage6.