A bus carrying high school band students overturned in New York on Thursday afternoon, leaving at least two people dead and several others injured. The crash happened on westbound Interstate 84, just south of Middletown, New York, state police told Fox News.
Here are the key bullet points:
- The bus was carrying members of the high school band from Farmingdale School District on Long Island, New York, and was headed to Pennsylvania for a band camp123456.
- At least two adults are dead, and five people are in critical condition, officials said during a press conference early Thursday evening. Several additional individuals are injured1.
- The bus wrecked along Interstate 84 in Wawayanda, killing one person and injuring multiple others, police said4567.
- The incident involved one of six buses carrying the Farmingdale High School marching band, which includes about 300 students6.
- The cause of the crash is under investigation, and it is unclear whether any charges will be filed in connection with the incident1234567.
The tragic incident involving the bus carrying high school band students has raised questions about the safety of school transportation and the need for increased safety measures.